Gov. Peter Shumlin is defending his decision to fill a vacancy on the Vermont Supreme Court before he leaves office at the beginning of January. Shumlin says it's clear that the Vermont Constitution gives him this authority.
- State Economy Strained By First Generation Immigrants, But Breaks Even By Third
- Low Levels of Carcinogen Chromium-6 in New England Drinking Water
- Will Legalizing Marijuana Create Modern Bootleggers?
- New Effort Underway to Study Black Sea Bass in Southern New England
- How Massachusetts ‘Gateway Cities’ Are Crafting New Identities
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump go head-to-head tonight in the first presidential debate, and NPR's politics team will be live annotating the debate.
VPR will celebrate 40 years on the air next year, and Betty Smith Mastaler has been with the station since the very first day.
Vermont Edition brings you news and conversation about issues affecting your life. Hosts Jane Lindholm and Bob Kinzel consider the context of current events through in…