Last year, about $43 million in public money was spent on private schools by families using school choice in Vermont. Now, the State Board of Education says it wants more oversight on how Vermont's independent schools are using public funds.
- Trump’s Immigration Measures Could Exacerbate Boston Court Backlog
- Counting The People Who Are Homeless — Including The Young
- No Plans For Large-Scale Deportation Raids In New England, But Immigrants Still Live In Fear
- Citing Racial Bias, New Report Calls For Better Data Collection On Police Shootings
- For Preservation Group, Modern Tech Provides Way To Remember The Past
The State Board of Education is proposing some controversial new rules, which some private school advocates say threaten the very existence of some of these schools. And one of the big issues of contention is special education.
The name 'fire cider' creates visions of an elixir used to ward off vampires or maybe an alcoholic drink that should come with a complimentary designated driver. Truth is, it's a concoction that's been used medicinally for ages.
Why are yawns contagious? Why do we hiccup? How do teeth get loose? Why do your ears hurt when you drive up over the mountains? Why do we get dizzy when we spin? Why do people slip? Why do people faint? Why do we have saliva and mucus? Why do people cry when they get hurt? How do voice boxes work? Why does your voice sound weird when it's recorded? Dr. Lori Racha has more answers to your body questions.