A coalition of 11 environmental groups has signed on to letters urging Sen. Bernie Sanders and Sen. Patrick Leahy to vote against the confirmation of Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to lead the Environmental Protection Agency.
British-born Brattleboro resident Denise "Jane" Ashworth has been defying expectations her whole life. She was a translator in World War II, she was among the first women to work the trails for the U.S. Forest Service — and now she's self-published her first children's book.
The cyclamen plant was also used medically to treat depression and the tubers were even fed to pigs, hence the common name, "pig bread." With the proper care, it now makes a terrific indoor or outdoor plant.
Why is all of the world split up into countries, states, cities and counties and more? Why can't we all just live as one big group? Which country has the least amount of people? We're talking about countries and borders with author Juan Enriquez. Also in this episode: why don't school buses have seatbelts?
- The On Air Debut Of VPR's New Steinway Grand Piano, With Simone Dinnerstein
- VPR Is Live At The Statehouse For The Opening Of The 2017 Legislative Session
- 2016 Holiday Programs On VPR And VPR Classical
- 'All Things Considered' Host Alex Keefe Is Headed Back To Chicago
- Bach & Brews Holiday Edition: Play And Sing!