With less than a month remaining in office, Gov. Peter Shumlin is offering pardons to the thousands of people convicted of low-level marijuana offenses in Vermont.
- Working Alongside, And Speaking Up For, The Undocumented
- New Hampshire Refugee Organization Sees Uptick in Volunteers Through Political Season
- Fuel Cells Lose Out In Latest Round of Connecticut’s Clean Energy Picks
- New England’s Largest Battery is Hidden Inside a Massachusetts Mountain
- Complaints About Toxins, Shoddy Construction Trail New England Developer
On Election Day, nearly one in three Vermont voters cast ballots for Donald J. Trump — and VPR reporters teamed up with Brave Little State to hear from a few of them.
Nothing says "home for the holidays" like curling up with a mug of something warm, and putting on some holiday tunes. Reuben Jackson and VPR Music have you covered with a "genre-free" playlist, sure to make your holidays merry and bright!
This month on Brave Little State , VPR's people-powered journalism podcast, a question about the descendants of this region's first residents.
Why do we like to eat certain foods? Why do some people like to eat spicy food and some people don't like to eat vegetables? Why does pineapple hurt your mouth when you eat too much of it? Why do we taste things and how? Why do different foods taste different? Do animals have the same taste buds as people?