After a year of unsuccessful contract talks, the Burlington's School Board has moved to impose working conditions on teachers without their approval. The teachers' union has rejected that move, but the school board maintains it simply doesn't have the money to agree to the teachers' proposal.
- ‘Safer’ Cleaning Products? Seventh Generation Among Companies Using New EPA Label
- Obama Creates Atlantic Ocean’s First Marine National Monument Off Cape Cod
- Saltmarsh Sparrow Could Be A Victim Of Sea Level Rise
- Near Factory Site, Sick Residents Wonder Who Is To Blame
- Divided By Drought: Why Neighboring Towns Have Drastically Different Water Restrictions
A transparency group is calling on authorities to release body camera footage from a fatal police shooting last week amid questions and controversy about the death of 29-year-old Winooski resident Jesse Beshaw.
VPR will celebrate 40 years on the air next year, and Betty Smith Mastaler has been with the station since the very first day.