Come work at VPR, named by Vermont Business Magazine as one of the "Best Places To Work In Vermont!"
Vermont Public Radio, an award-winning organization on the leading edge of public media programming, is seeking a Director of Programming and Production.
Lead the VPR Programming Department and implement the sound of the station for broadcast and streaming during a time of exciting change in media. Help VPR to fulfill its vision of “exploring the whole Vermont story, together.”
The Director of Programming and Production supervises the day-to-day programming of the VPR News Network, plans the program schedule, and helps to develop future programming. The Programming Director plays a key role in interpreting audience metrics and in programming membership drives. The PD also oversees the department staff and manages the department budget.
Requirements include relevant experience in public radio programming, news and supervision. Find the full job description here for more details.
VPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join VPR to support and ensure the development, communication and execution of VPR’s human resources, financial, and administrative plans and actions to achieve the organization’s strategic goals. This position has primary day-to-day responsibility for all human resource and financial-related activities, policies and practices of VPR. As Director of Human and Financial Resources, you will oversee compensation and performance management processes, payroll, accounting, annual budgets, investment management, long-term resource planning and allocation, and regulatory compliance.
Join one of Vermont's most trusted media organizations and help us to achieve our vision of exploring the whole Vermont story, together.
For more details, please see the job description. To apply, please submit a job application, cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
VPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VPR Job Application
Applicants must submit a completed VPR Job Application.
Tips for downloading and completing the Application:
- Right-mouse-click on the VPR Job Application link above and select "Save As..." from the menu (Mac users try Command/Apple-click). Save the Application into a folder you can easily find later and include your first and last names in the filename, e.g vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf.
- Find and open this file you just saved, vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf file. Most computers can open PDFs. If yours doesn't, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Complete the form electronically, do not print it out. All the fields are editable.
- Save your work often, as you fill it out (that's just good advice).
- Close the PDF when you're done.
- Open the PDF again and review it to make sure it looks correct (this is just more good advice).
- Attach your completed VPR Job Application - your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf - to your email when you apply, along with your resume and cover letter and any other materials required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Vermont Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VPR provides employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding career opportunities at VPR and we seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers and would like to receive job vacancy notices from VPR, please contact us.