Careers & Internships At VPR
VPR is hiring a studio engineer. Come work at VPR, named by Vermont Business Magazine as one of the Best Places To Work In Vermont for the third year in a row!
Vermont Public Radio has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, detail oriented self-starter who believes in the mission of public radio.
Reporting to the Director of Technology and Engineering, this position works to ensure the readiness of VPR’s studios and broadcast equipment and support the users of that technology.
Applicants should have five years relevant experience in digital broadcast and computer technology. Also desirable is an Associates degree in electronics or related field, SBE (Society of Broadcast Engineers) certification, and knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
Excellent troubleshooting, customer service, communication, and follow-up skills are essential to succeed in this position. Experience working in a time-sensitive broadcast media and news environment is desired.
No phone calls please, VPR is an equal opportunity employer.
VPR Job Application
Applicants must submit a completed VPR Job Application. Download the VPR Job Application at the bottom of this page.
Tips for downloading and completing the Application:
- Right-mouse-click on the download link and select "Save As..." from the menu. Save the Application into a folder you can easily find later, and call it vpr-application-jane-doe.pdf (or something similar).
- Find and open the vpr-application-jane-doe.pdf file. Most computers can open PDFs. If yours doesn't, you can download Adobe Reader for free here.
- Complete the form electronically, do not print it out. All the fields are editable.
- Save your work, often.
- Close the PDF when you're done.
- Open the PDF again and review it. It's just a good idea.
- Attach your completed VPR Job Application, the file vpr-application-jane-doe.pdf, to your email when you reply.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Vermont Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VPR provides employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding career opportunities at VPR and we seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers and would like to receive job vacancy notices from VPR, please contact us.