Careers & Internships At VPR
VPR is hiring a digital producer and an intern for VPR News. Come work at VPR, named by Vermont Business Magazine as one of the Best Places To Work In Vermont for the third year in a row!
Internship with VPR News
VPR is now accepting applications for a Fall semester paid internship, open to students enrolled in B.A. programs who are interested in public radio news. Candidates should have a career interest in journalism and a demonstrated connection to Vermont. Interns work primarily on VPR's news program Vermont Edition, but also assist with newscasts and digital news. Tasks include researching news topics, pitching stories, learning basic audio production, and assisting in tasks that keep an active newsroom running smoothly.
- 12 hours/week, $10/hour
- must be enrolled in a B.A. program
- must have reliable transportation to our Colchester headquarters, where the internship is based; CCTA has a bus stop nearby
- ideal schedule includes 12-1p.m. weekdays, remaining hours negotiable
- please let us know if you are seeking course credit for an internship
Applications are due by 8a.m. on August 24, 2015.
- All application information and materials must be submitted in one email to email@example.com, subject line "Vermont Edition internship".
- The body of the email should include biographical information specified below, and answers to a few questions, also below.
- Please attach a resume.
- First and Last Name
- College, Anticipated Graduation Year, Fields of Study
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Mailing Address
- Hometown, State
Please provide maximum 100-word answers to these questions:
- Describe your public radio listening. What shows do you listen to, and how?
- Why does public radio journalism interest you, and how might this internship fit into your future career?
- Diversity matters to us. What in your background would bring a valuable perspective to our newsroom?
- The specific duties of this internship are flexible based on the experience and desires of the intern. What skills of radio journalism are you most interested in learning, and what skills do you already have that you want to develop?
- A journalism intern must uphold high standards for accuracy and public trust. Additionally, a public radio internship requires creativity and enthusiasm for public dialogue about news events. Why you are the right fit for this position?
Again, to apply for this internship, please submit one email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Vermont Edition internship," that includes the biographical information requested, answers to these five questions, and an attached resume. VPR is an equal opportunity employer.
VPR Job Application
Applicants must submit a completed VPR Job Application. Download the VPR Job Application at the bottom of this page.
Tips for downloading and completing the Application:
- Right-mouse-click on this, or any, link to the Job Application PDF and select "Save As..." from the menu (Mac users try Command/Apple-click). Save the Application into a folder you can easily find later and include your first and last names in the filename, e.g vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf.
- Find and open your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf file. Most computers can open PDFs. If yours doesn't, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Complete the form electronically, do not print it out. All the fields are editable.
- Save your work often, as you fill it out (that's just good advice).
- Close the PDF when you're done.
- Open the PDF again and review it to make sure it looks correct (this is just more good advice).
- Attach your completed VPR Job Application, your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf, to your email when you reply.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Vermont Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VPR provides employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding career opportunities at VPR and we seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers and would like to receive job vacancy notices from VPR, please contact us.