Careers & Internships At VPR
VPR is currently hiring an HR leader. Come work at VPR, named by Vermont Business Magazine as one of the Best Places To Work In Vermont for the third year in a row!
HR Leader (18-24 month employment contract)
VPR is seeking a highly motivated and forward thinking individual to launch and direct VPR’s strategic human resources initiatives in collaboration with the Leadership Team and other key stakeholders, positioning VPR as a leading edge employer of choice. The ideal candidate will be fully committed to the VPR mission and capable of managing change as well as moving organizational initiatives forward during this exciting time in VPR’s history.
This Culture Champion will be responsible for the oversight of inspiring excellence in organizational evolution, including the implementation of innovative approaches to traditional HR functions such as Recruitment, Onboarding, Engagement and Retention; Employee Relations; Performance Management; Training & Development; Policy Oversight; Compensation Modeling, Strategy, and Planning; and Regulatory Compliance.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a strategic human resources role, as well as demonstrated success guiding organizational growth while preserving integral components of the organization’s culture and values. Proven experience driving effective change management and achieving optimal organizational health a must. This leader will also be nimble and willing to deliver both strategic and tactical results on a regular basis, effectively maintaining a big picture perspective while ensuring that daily operations are addressed and tasks completed in a timely manner.
Vermont Public Radio provides an essential and trusted independent voice for news, information, music and cultural exploration for the people of our region. Click here for our mission statement.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and VPR Job Application via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org. VPR is an equal opportunity employer.
Open until filled.
VPR Job Application
Applicants must submit a completed VPR Job Application. Download the VPR Job Application at the bottom of this page.
Tips for downloading and completing the Application:
- Right-mouse-click on this, or any, link to the Job Application PDF and select "Save As..." from the menu (Mac users try Command/Apple-click). Save the Application into a folder you can easily find later and include your first and last names in the filename, e.g vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf.
- Find and open your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf file. Most computers can open PDFs. If yours doesn't, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Complete the form electronically, do not print it out. All the fields are editable.
- Save your work often, as you fill it out (that's just good advice).
- Close the PDF when you're done.
- Open the PDF again and review it to make sure it looks correct (this is just more good advice).
- Attach your completed VPR Job Application, your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf, to your email when you reply.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Vermont Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VPR provides employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding career opportunities at VPR and we seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers and would like to receive job vacancy notices from VPR, please contact us.