Careers & Internships At VPR
Come work at VPR, named by Vermont Business Magazine as one of the Best Places To Work In Vermont for the third year in a row!
Broadcast Engineer - Transmitter
Vermont Public Radio is seeking a Broadcast Engineer who ensures the readiness of VPR's transmission and interconnect systems.
Applicants should have five years of relevant experience in RF, computer networking and digital audio technology. An Associate’s degree in electronics or related field, Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) certification and knowledge of FCC rules and regulations are also desirable. This position requires extensive travel to transmitter sites within Vermont and nearby areas.
Excellent troubleshooting, communication and follow-up skills are essential to succeed in this position. Review the full job description.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and completed VPR Job Application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls, please. This position will remain open until filled.
Director of Individual Giving
Vermont Public Radio has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, detail oriented self-starter who believes in the mission of public radio.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Development & Marketing, this position works to secure charitable support for annual operations as well as strategic initiatives of the organization.
The Director of Individual Giving will lead and manage VPR's major giving program to help meet the revenue needs of the organization. Over time, the position will also assume responsibility for the strategy of individual giving at all levels.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree and at least five years of development experience. Management experience is preferred and familiarity with Raiser's Edge is a plus. Significant travel throughout the VPR listening area is required. Review the full job description.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and completed VPR Job Application to email@example.com. Only email applications will be accepted, no calls please.
VPR Job Application
Applicants must submit a completed VPR Job Application. Download the VPR Job Application at the bottom of this page.
Tips for downloading and completing the Application:
- Right-mouse-click on this, or any, link to the Job Application PDF and select "Save As..." from the menu (Mac users try Command/Apple-click). Save the Application into a folder you can easily find later and include your first and last names in the filename, e.g vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf.
- Find and open your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf file. Most computers can open PDFs. If yours doesn't, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Complete the form electronically, do not print it out. All the fields are editable.
- Save your work often, as you fill it out (that's just good advice).
- Close the PDF when you're done.
- Open the PDF again and review it to make sure it looks correct (this is just more good advice).
- Attach your completed VPR Job Application, your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf, to your email when you reply.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Vermont Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VPR provides employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding career opportunities at VPR and we seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers and would like to receive job vacancy notices from VPR, please contact us.