If you are a copyright owner or an agent of the owner and believe that any content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent (identified below) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further details):
- Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on our site;
- Describe where the allegedly infringing content is located on our site (e.g., the link);
- Provide us with information to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- Include a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the identified content is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by law;
- Make your statement under penalty of perjury stating that the information in the notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- Include an electronic or physical signature on the notice.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your content that was removed is not infringing, or that you have the authorization to post and use that content from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent:
- Identify the copyrighted work that has been removed and its location (the link) prior to removal;
- Make a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the copyrighted work was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content;
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Include a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in [insert state where you, the website owner want to litigate the question, if it comes to that], and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement; and
- Include your physical or electronic signature on the counter-notice.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may re-post the removed copyrighted work in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against us, the removed Content may be re-posted in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice at our sole discretion.
VPR's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
Director Of Digital Services
365 Troy Ave.
Colchester, VT 05446
The Associated Press on VPR.net
The following provision applies to all visitors (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of a kind that crawls, indexes, scrapes, copies, stores or transmits digital content). By accessing this Web site or digital service, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium; (ii) No Associate Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for person and non-commercial use; (iii) The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (iv) The Associated Press is an intended third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions and it may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (v) The Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of AP materials or any portion thereof at any time.