Vermont's Attorney General is called the state's top law enforcement officer. Seven-term incumbent Bill Sorrell (D) is running for re-election and faces major party opposition from Jack McMullen (R) and Ed Stanak (P).
Video Deep Links - Attorney General's Debate
Listen to the entire debate, orc lick the topics below to jump to that section.
Bob Kinzel's questions to thecandidates:
- Super PAC spending in the Attorney General's race, AG's role in campaign finance rules
- Independent Investigations of police use of force
- Stance on police use of electronic stun guns
The candidates' questions toeach other:
- Stanak questions Sorrell: Would you pursue action against companies that don't perform to the terms of contracts they have with the state?
- McMullen questions Sorrell: Coordination between Howard Dean and a Super PAC supporting Sorrell
- Sorrell questions McMullen: Would you have joined the multi-state lawsuit against the tobacco companies?
- McMullen questions Stanak: Attorney General as activist
- Sorrell questions Stanak: Would you pursue large banks for antitrust violations?
- Stanak questions McMullen: What would be the cost to the state of your law and order approach?
Listeners' questions to thecandidates:
- Please define your position on industrial wind?
- Why are we seeing campaign ads that paint Vermont so negatively?
- Would you argue that DOMA is unconstitutional