The major party candidates for U.S. Senate,incumbent Bernie Sanders (I) and challenger John MacGovern (R), met in a live debate Friday, Oct. 12, on Vermont Edition, moderated by VPR's Bob Kinzel.
Listen to the entire debate, or click to specific topics.
Bob Kinzel's questions to the candidates:
- Fiscal cliff, taxes,spending priorities
- Medicare, voucher system
- Farm Bill, MILC program, foodstamps
The candidates' questions to each other:
- MacGovern to Sanders:protection for small and medium businesses
- Sanders to MacGovern:abortion rights, exceptions for rape and incest
- MacGovern to Sanders:independent label, party affiliation
- Sanders to MacGovern: fate ofpeople with no health care coverage
Listeners' questions to the candidates:
- Basing F-35s at the BurlingtonAirport
- Priorities for cuttingmilitary budget
- Social Security solvency