On Saturday, September 9, join us at VPR headquarters in Colchester for a 40th Anniversary Block Party. Get a peek behind-the-scenes of our renovated and expanded headquarters and meet the people who bring VPR to life.
Head over to VPR studios in Fort Ethan Allen for this free, family-friendly celebration. The party goes from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Whether you're a fan of VPR News or VPR Classical, a new or a longtime listener, we have something for everyone.
Meet Your Favorite Public Radio Voices
- Hang out with your favorite VPR News hosts and reporters including Morning Edition’s Mitch Wertlieb, Vermont Edition’s Jane Lindholm and All Things Considered’s Henry Epp.
- Meet our special guests from NPR, political editor Domenico Montanaro and news chief Mike Oreskes. VPR’s Annie Russell will host a talk with them in Studio One at 1 p.m.
- Meet VPR Classical’s Walter Parker, Kari Anderson, James Stewart and Linda Radtke.
Go Behind The Scenes
- Tour our renovated and expanded headquarters. You’ll learn the cool history behind our 100-year-old building and explore our newsroom, studios and extensive music library!
- Get behind the mic and record a message for VPR in our talk studio.
Activities & Games
- Snap yourself! Post a selfie using #VPR40 for a chance to win an Alexa smart speaker.
- Test your VPR knowledge with our trivia contest!
- Challenge a fellow listener or a VPR staffer to a game of corn hole and other lawn games
- Go digital: VPR staff will help you access our award-winning news, podcasts and music on your smart phone and digital devices
- Record a question for But Why, our podcast for curious kids.
Eat & Drink
- Purchase food from Bobbers (seafood), American Flatbread (pizza) and Fuego (tacos).
- Nosh on free samples courtesy of VPR Underwriters, including SAP!, Champlain Orchards, Lake Champlain Chocolates, Aqua Vitea, Intervale Food Hub, Kimball Brook Farm and Vermont Coffee Company
- We have lots of space outside to enjoy your feast but not a ton of chairs - please feel free to bring your own chairs if you like!
Listen To Music
- Enjoy a concert by Kelly Ravin and friends in our new public performance space, Studio One, starting at noon.
- Counterpoint, Vermont’s premiere vocal ensemble, will host an open rehearsal from 1-3 p.m. in our Performance Studio and Studio One.
Freebies & Swag
- Donate to our September drive and walk away with a thank you gift the same day!
- Cover yourself in VPR stickers, tattoos or get your kids a Backseat Listener balloon
- We’ll have free books, CDs and assorted public radio swag available while supplies last
Will you be able join us at our open house? Let us know you'll be there!
If you can’t make it, we’ll be live on Facebook throughout the day and we hope you’ll join us there! Like our Facebook page and turn on “live video” notifications on under the “Following” menu under our cover photo so you’ll know when we’re live.
Directions & Parking
VPR is located in the back of Fort Ethan Allen, which is off of Route 15 in Colchester. You'll find directions here. We'll be using our main parking lot for the party, so our please follow the directions of our parking attendants when you arrive. Accessible parking is available on site, just ask a parking attendant when you arrive and they'll direct you.