Nothing beats a delicious, freshly prepared breakfast. But who has time to make anything other than a bowl of cereal or oatmeal? Often when we enjoy a hearty breakfast, it’s out at a restaurant or diner.
Candace Page, food writer for the Burlington Free Press, says there are plenty of spectacular breakfast choices, ranging from the classic to hip, in the Burlington area.
Here's Page’s list of amazing spots to eat breakfast (and what she ate):
- Chia porridge: Scout & Company, Burlington
- Corn beef hash: Parkway Diner, South Burlington
- Poached egg and bacon bloody mary: Juniper at Hotel Vermont, Burlington
- Breakfast taco: Open Arms Food and Juice Shop, Shelburne
- Cheddar scones: Maglianero Café, Burlington
- Huevos rancheros: The Spot, Burlington
- Prosciutto wafflini: The Swingin’ Pinwheel, Burlington
Learn more about Candace’s breakfast adventures in her article in the Free Press.
VPR Café is produced in collaboration with The Burlington Free Press.
Broadcast on Sunday, Jan. 11, 2015 at 10:50 a.m.