Update: All VPR Online Streams came back online around 2:20 p.m. If you still have trouble with the streams, or any VPR service, please send us a message. Thanks again for your patience during this planned maintenance: we don't anticipate another service outage any time soon.
Update: It's past the original timeframe of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the streams are still down. We expect they will be back up shortly and will update this post and this Twitter thread with updates. Thank you.
Original Post: All of VPR's online streams will be offline for maintenance between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, October 21, 2017. VPR's radio broadcasts, on FM and HD Radio, are not affected and will be on the air.
During this time the online streams of VPR, VPR Classical, VPR Jazz 24, VPR Replay and the BBC will be offline. This is true regardless of where you listen to the streams - at VPR.net, mobile apps, iTunes, NPR apps, Alexa, Wifi Radios, etc. The website and apps will continue to function and all podcasts will be available, too, only the online streams are impacted by this outage.
Listening Options For Saturday
- Listen to the radio broadcast, if you can, on either traditional radio or HD Radio
- Listen to NPR One in your for the latest news and programs from NPR and VPR. Pop it open and play NPR One in your computer's browser or download it to any smartphone. Remember to choose VPR as your home station to get news and stories from VPR blended with NPR and other sources.
- Listen to the podcasts of the programs you're missing, such as It's Been A Minute, Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!, TED Radio Hour and Snap Judgment
- Listen to the latest Vermont Edition, Brave Little State or other VPR podcast
- If you're looking for classical music during that hour, listen to some recent live performances online, or stream another public radio station, such as WCRB in Boston or WQXR in New York.
- Contact us. If there's something you missed and can't figure out how to hear it, we can help.
Unfortunately, this maintenance window cannot be prevented or delayed. Thanks, in advance, for your patience and, as always, thanks for listening to VPR.