VPR is hitting the road to visit all 14 Vermont counties during our Tell Me More Tour this summer and fall.
You’ll get to meet Scott Finn, VPR’s new president and CEO, as well as reporters, hosts and staff at community events statewide.
We can't fulfill our vision to explore the whole Vermont story without you. What should people know about where you live? What issues are important to you? And how can VPR serve your community better?
We're all ears. Join us and let us know what’s on your mind.
Show and tell us what's special about where you live - use the hashtag #tellmemorevt on Instagram and Twitter. Scroll through to see what people have shared using #tellmemorevt.
- June 28 — Caledonia County: We had a great time at the Fairbanks Museum in Saint Johnsbury. See photos and read Scott's impressions of the day.
- July 18 — Bennington County: Thanks to everyone who came to meet us at the Bennington Museum. See photos and read Scott's takeaways from the event!
- July 27 — Grand Isle County: Thank you for having breakfast and coffee with us. See photos and read Scott's impressions here!
- August 4 — Rutland County: We met hundreds of people at the Rutland Farmer's Market! See photos and Scott's recap of the day here.
- August 17 - Essex County: Come say hello at KT Ray's On The Pond in Island Pond on Friday, August 17 at 4:30 p.m.
- August 24 — Washington County: Visit us at Down Home Kitchen in Montpelier on Friday, August 24 at 5 p.m.
- August 29 - Orleans County: Come by the NEK Tasting Center in Newport on Wednesday, August 29 from 4-6 p.m. to say hello and talk to us about your community.
- September 6 - Franklin County: Join us at the Montgomery Center For The Arts in Montgomery on Thursday, September 6 at 5 p.m.
- September 13 — Orange County: We'll be at Chandler Center For The Arts in Randolph on Thursday, September 13 at 5 p.m.
- September 27 - Lamoille County: We'll be at The Alchemist Brewery & Visitors Center in Stowe on Thursday, September 27 at 4:30 p.m.
- October 4 — Windham County: Join us at the River Garden in Brattleboro on Thursday, October 4 at noon, as part of their brown bag lunch series.
- October 11 — Addison County: Come share a beverage with us at Shacksbury Cider in Vergennes on Thursday, October 11 at 5:30 p.m.
- October 18 - Windsor County: We'll be at Billings Farm & Museum in Woodstock on Thursday, October 18 at 5 p.m.
- TBD - Chittenden County: We're still finalizing a date and location for Chittenden County, check back soon for more details!
If you can’t make it or don’t want to wait, please feel free to contact us directly!
Record a voice memo or write out your thoughts and email us at email@example.com. We want to hear stories about you and your community:
- What’s special about your town?
- What issues are important to you?
- What should people know about where you live?
- How can VPR serve your community better?
In addition to coming out to an event — or in lieu of attending, if you aren't able to make it — we would appreciate your helping us spread the word in your communities by:
- Bring a friend to an event near you!
- Share this post on your social media channels (just click "share" at the top of the post).
- We will also be creating Facebook events for each stop — follow us on Facebook and share the event near you!
- Alert your neighborhood by posting in your Front Porch Forum.
- If you're feeling social, Use the hashtag #tellmemorevt on Instagram and Twitter to show and tell what's special about where you live. You can also post photos on our Facebook page.
- Download this printable flyer and post it at your general store, library, community center, etc.