In this Halloween special from Brave Little State, a terrifying compendium of spine-tingling Vermont ghost stories, as told to us by … you.
You might remember that, in our last episode, we got this question from Allison Litten, of Wilder, Vermont:
“What are Vermont’s most interesting, intriguing, bizarre, mysterious ghost stories?”
We had one great story in that episode that came from Thea Lewis of Queen City Ghostwalk — you should definitely give it a listen if you missed it.
But, we really wanted more. And, thanks to you ... we found some.
We’ve collected them here for your petrifying pleasure. They’re all PG — but they are scary, and they’re true (at least, we believe them to be very very true).
So huddle round the earbuds, dim the lights, draw the shades, and beware …
The stories in this episode are:
- “Don’t Look in the Mirror” from Aron Garceau of St. Albans City
- “Monkeytown” from Noah Detzer of White River Junction
- “The Cellar” from Eve Ermer of Tunbridge
- “The Polaroid” from Lorraine Zaloom of Milton
And the song “For We Live Nocturnally” came to us from the band Fifth Business, of Ryegate. It’s set to the traditional tune "Rolling Down to Old Maui," with original lyrics.
Subscribe to the podcast:
Our (spooky) theme music is by Ty Gibbons. Other music in this episode was licensed through Creative Commons:
- "Soundtrack 2. Act 4," by David Cooper Orton
- "Equus Haar" by Spires That In The Sunset Rise
- "Java Pop" by Spires That In The Sunset Rise
Support for Brave Little State comes from the VPR Journalism Fund and Darn Tough Vermont.