VPR Board Of Directors
The Vermont Public Radio Board of Directors is the entity which is legally responsible for the governance of VPR as a nonprofit corporation. It also holds the FCC broadcast licenses for the radio stations operating as VPR. The operation and organization of the Board is outlined in the Vermont Public Radio Bylaws.
The Board members are selected for their commitment to the mission and goals of VPR, and for their expertise in various fields. The individual Directors serve as volunteers, and they meet in formal session each year at various locations around the region, including the main VPR studios at Fort Ethan Allen in Colchester. All Board and Board Committee meetings are open to the public. The full calendar for VPR Board meetings can be found below.
To contact the Board regarding any aspect of Vermont Public Radio, the easiest method is to send an email.
Our mailing address is:
Board of Directors
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave.
Colchester, VT 05446
The VPR Board of Directors for the fiscal year 2016 includes the following members:
Nancy Rowden Brock
Waterbury Center, VT
Charlie Kireker – Chair
Scott McArdle – Secretary
Peggy Williams – Vice Chair
Bob Young – Treasurer
Robin Turnau, VPR President & CEO - ex officio
List updated October '15
VPR's Board of Directors meets approximately four times per fiscal year, and additionally holds its committee meetings regularly throughout the year. Occasionally, it is decided that a meeting must be held by phone or rescheduled, so please contact VPR to confirm the date, location and mode of meeting before you make plans to attend. Changes in the schedule are updated here as they become confirmed.
VPR's Board of Directors is scheduled to meet at the following times during the period October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016 (FY '16):
- December 9, 2015 at Vermont Public Radio studios in Colchester, VT from 1:00PM - 5:00PM
- March 31, 2016 at Grafton Inn, Grafton VT from 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- June 15, 2016 at Vermont College of Fine Arts, Montpelier VT from 1:00PM - 5:00PM
- September 7, 2016 Vermont Public Radio studios in Colchester, VT from 1:00PM - 5:00PM
The full committee meeting schedule can be found in the PDF file below.
* for members of the public interested in attending a meeting that takes place by call, please contact Heather Dieringer via the Contact Form for the dialing information.