VPR provides an essential and trusted independent voice for news, information, music and cultural exploration for the people of our region.
VPR will be the most relevant and widely used media institution in Vermont.
We are committed to these core values and tenets:
- Convening conversations that engage our communities;
- Deepening our understanding of one another and the world;
- Enriching our lives with music, including classical, jazz and folk;
- Providing meaningful public service;
- Practicing the highest standards of journalism;
- Providing a foundation for lifelong learning;
- Seeking diversity in our personnel, our content, and our listeners, and committing to inclusiveness;
- Striving for quality and continuous improvement;
- Investing in the future of our employees;
- Participating in the public radio system nationally;
- Stewarding the resources entrusted to us with integrity, prudence and accountability;
- Fostering transparent relationships with listeners, contributors and members of the community; and,
- Having a sense of humor.